MAH CET (Maharashtra Common Entrance Test) is a state-level entrance exam conducted by the State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra for admission to various postgraduate management courses such as MBA/MMS/PGDM in the state of Maharashtra. The MAH CET exam is usually held in March every year.
The MAH CET exam assesses a candidate’s knowledge in various sections such as Logical Reasoning, Abstract Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and Verbal Ability. The exam duration is 150 minutes and consists of 200 questions. There is no provision for negative marking and one mark is awarded for each correct answer in the MAH CET exam.
The eligibility criteria for MAH CET is that the candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks (45% for reserved categories) from a recognized university. The application process for MAH CET usually starts in January/ February, and the results are declared in April. Candidates must regularly check the official website regularly for MAH CET 2024 exam updates.
MAH CET 2024 – Latest Update:
- The MAH CET 2024 registration will usually begin in January or February.
- The MAH MBA CET 2024 exam is expected to have a cut-off score and percentile prediction, which will be declared by the exam conducting authority.
- There are around 10,000 seats available for All India category students in various management institutions across Maharashtra.
- The MAH MBA CET 2024 score is accepted by over 330 MBA colleges in Maharashtra, including reputed institutions such as JBIMS, SIMSREE, and PUMBA.
MAH CET 2024 Highlights
Here is a glimpse of the important highlights of the MAH CET 2024 Exam:
|MAH CET Conducting Body||State CET Cell – Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra|
|Number of MBA colleges under MAH CET 2024 Exam||330+|
|MBA/MMS Seats Available for Admission 2024||40000+|
|Top MBA Colleges under MAH CET 2024||JBIMS, SIMSREE, K J Somaiya, PUMBA, Welingkar, IESMCRC, CIMR, N L Dalmiya, SIES|
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Exam Date||March 2024|
|Testing Window||2 days, 4 sessions|
|Test Duration||150 Minutes (2½ Hours) for each session|
|Scoring Pattern||+1 for correct answer|
|Negative Marking||No Negative marking for wrong answer|
|Application Fee||Rs.1000/- for General candidates Rs. 800/- for Reserved candidates|
|MAH CET 2024 Score Validity for Admission||For MBA 2024-26 Batch Admission|
|Total Questions||200 (All MCQs)|
|MAH CET Test Sections with Number of Questions||
|Choice of Answer Options||5|
|MAH CET Difficulty Level||Moderate|
|Required MAH CET Percentile for MBA Admission in Top Colleges||90+|
|MAH CET Application Process||Online|
MAH CET 2024: Important Dates (Tentative)
The important dates regarding the MAH CET 2024 exam are as follows:
|MAH CET 2024 Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Online Registration Starting Date||February 2024|
|Last Date to Register||March 2024|
|Release of Admit Card||March 2024|
|Exam Date||March 2024|
|Result Declaration Date||To be Announced|
|Starting Date of the Counseling Process||To be Announced|
MAH CET 2024 Eligibility
To apply for the MAH CET 2024 exam, candidates must meet the eligibility requirements of the exam. The eligibility criteria for MAH CET 2024 exam is as follows:
- Candidates must have a minimum three-year duration Bachelor’s degree from a University recognised by the UGC or Association of Indian Universities in any discipline.
- Candidates with the degree must have a minimum aggregate score of 50% or equivalent, with a relaxation of 5% for candidates belonging to Maharashtra’s backward class categories, economically weaker sections, and persons with disabilities.
- Candidates appearing in their final year of Bachelor’s degree are also eligible to apply and appear for the exam.
MAH CET 2024 Registration
The official notification regarding the MAH CET 2024 registration will release through the official website. Here are the steps to complete the MAH CET 2024 Registration cum Application process:
- Visit the official website of MAH CET MBA.
- Click on the ‘New Registration’ tab on the home page.
- Read the instructions carefully and click on the ‘I Accept and Proceed’ tab.
- Fill out the registration form with the candidate’s personal details, such as name, date of birth, email ID, and contact number.
- Create a password and confirm it.
- Click on ‘Save and Proceed’ to proceed to the next step.
- Log in using the required application number and password.
- Enter the personal details, domicile, and category of the candidate in mentioned spaces.
- Upload the required documents for proof of identity, such as an Aadhar card, PAN card, or Passport.
- Upload the recent passport-size photograph and signature of the candidate.
- Select the test city based on the candidate’s preference.
- Pay the MAH CET application fee through online payment modes like credit card, debit card, net banking, UPI, etc., to complete the registration process.
MAH CET 2024 Syllabus
The table below gives the section-wise syllabus and topics for the MAH CET 2024 exam:
|Logical Reasoning||Verbal reasoning, Non-verbal reasoning, Analytical puzzles, Directional sense, Coding/Decoding, Series, Input-Output|
|Abstract Reasoning||Number and Letter Series, Codes and Seciphering, Calendars and Clocks, Venn Diagrams, Analytical Reasoning, Blood Relations, Symbol-Based Logic, Direction And Distance, Linear and Matrix Arrangements, Sequential Output Tracing, Visual And Spatial Reasoning|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Number Systems, LCM and HCF, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Time, Speed and Distance, Time and Work, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Quadratic Equations, Permutation and Combination, Probability, Mensuration|
|Verbal Ability/Reading Comprehension||Vocabulary, Synonyms and Antonyms, Fill in the blanks, Para Jumbles, Sentence Completion, Reading Comprehension, Error Correction|
Note: The above table provides a general overview of the MAH CET 2024 syllabus. For more detailed information, candidates are advised to refer to the MAH CET official notification and preparation materials.
MAH CET 2024 Exam Pattern
The MAH CET 2024 exam will consist of multiple-choice objective-type questions and is conducted online. The MAH CET exam pattern has four sections: Logical Reasoning, Abstract Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and Verbal Ability/Reading Comprehension. The total number of questions for the exam will be 200, with each section having 50 questions. The total duration of the exam will be 150 minutes or 2.5 hours.
|Section Name||Number of Questions||Mark per Question||Total Marks for the Section|
|Verbal Ability/Reading Comprehension||50||1||50|
MAH CET 2024 Books
Here is a list of top-recommended MAH CET Books for the exam preparation:
|Target MHCET (MBA/MMS) – Past Papers + 6 Mock Tests||Disha Publications|
|MH-CET (MBA/MMS) Entrance Guide||Disha Publications|
|50+ Solved Papers MBA||Arihant Publications|
|Maharashtra MBA MH-CET 2024||Arihant Publications|
|Maharashtra MBA CET Guide||RPH Editorial/Priyanka Prakashan|
|Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||R. S. Aggarwal|
|Study Material on all sections of CET MBA||Chandresh Agarwal|
|Analytical Reasoning||M. K. Pandey|
|A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning||R. S. Aggarwal|
|The Pearson Guide to CET: MBA Maharashtra||Vandana Thorpe|
|A New Approach to Reasoning||B.S. Sijwali & S. Sijwali Arihant|
|How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT||Arun Sharma|
MAH CET 2024 Preparation
Candidates must remember the following tips while preparing for the MAH CET 2024 exam:
- Understand the Exam Pattern: Before starting your preparation, it is essential to understand the exam pattern and syllabus. Candidates must go through the MAH CET previous year’s question papers and analyze the type of questions asked.
- Create a Study Plan: Make a study plan that suits your schedule and stick to it. Divide your time for each section, and focus more on weaker areas.
- Study Material: Select the right study material for preparation. Choose books from reputable authors or coaching institutes. Candidates can also access online study material, mock tests, and practice papers.
- Practice: Practice as many MAH CET mock tests and previous year’s papers as possible. This will help the candidates to know their weak areas and improve their speed and accuracy.
- Time Management: Time management is essential during the MAH CET exam. Practice solving questions in a limited time. This will help the candidates in completing the exam on time.
- Revision: Revision is crucial in the preparation process for the MAH CET exam. Candidates must revise the topics they have studied at regular intervals and this will help them to remember the concepts and formulas.
MAH CET 2024 Admit Card
MAH CET 2024 Admit Card will be available on the official website two weeks prior to the exam date. Candidates can download their MAH CET admit card by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of MAH CET.
- Click on the link for MAH CET 2024 Admit Card.
- Enter your registration number, password and DOB.
- Click on the submit button.
- The MAH CET 2024 Admit Card will be displayed on the screen.
- Check all the details mentioned on the admit card carefully.
- Download and take a printout of the MAH CET admit card for future reference.
Candidates are advised to carry a printout of the MAH CET admit card to the exam center along with a valid photo ID proof. The MAH CET admit card is an important document that contains details such as the candidate’s name, roll number, exam center, exam date, and exam timings. Without the admit card, candidates will not be allowed to appear for the MAH CET exam.
MAH CET 2024 Result
MAH CET 2024 results will be announced by the State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra on their official website. Candidates can follow the given steps to download their MAH CET results:
- Visit the official website of MAH CET 2024.
- Click on the ‘MAH CET 2024 Results’ link.
- Enter your application number and date of birth to log in.
- The result will be displayed on the screen.
- Download and take a printout of the result for future reference.
The MAH CET 2024 result will include the candidate’s scorecard, percentile, and qualifying status. Candidates who have qualified for the MAH CET exam will be eligible to participate in the counselling and seat allotment process.
MAH CET 2024 Cutoff
MAH CET Cutoff 2024 is the minimum score required by candidates to secure admission to MBA/MMS programs in Maharashtra. The cutoff is determined by the competent authority and it varies for each college and course. MAH CET Cutoff 2024 is determined based on various factors such as the number of applicants, the difficulty level of the exam, the number of seats available, and the previous year’s cutoff trends.
Candidates who score equal to or above the cutoff are eligible to participate in the counselling process and secure a seat in their desired college. The MAH CET cutoff is usually released after the declaration of results and is published on the official website. Candidates are advised to regularly check the official website for updates on the cutoff and counselling schedule.
MAH CET Previous Year Cutoff 2022
Here is the previous year’s cutoff of top colleges for the MAH CET 2022 Exam:
|MBA Colleges||MAH MBA CET Cut Off 2022|
|Agnel Charities Agnel Seva Sangha’s Fr. C. Rodrigues Inst. of Management. Studies, Vashi, Navi Mumbai||95.14|
|Chetana’s Ramprasad Khandelwal Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai||99.24|
|COEP Technological University||99.60|
|Department of Management Sciences (PUMBA), University of Pune||99.67|
|Indira College of Engineering & Management, Pune||97.79|
|Indira Global Business School, Parandwadi Tq. Maval Dist. Pune||95.39|
|Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai||99.98|
|Lala Lajpatrai Institute of Management, Mumbai||98.36|
|MET’s Institute of Management, Mumbai||98.57|
|Prin. L. N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research, Mumbai||99.89|
|Rizvi Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai||97.87|
|S.C.E.S. Indira School Of Business Studies, Tathwade||95.88|
|Shree C. E. Society’s Indira Institute of Management, Pune||96.49|
|S.I.E.S. College of Management Studies, Mumbai||99.68|
|St. Francis Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai||95.55|
|Thakur Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai||98.00|
|Vivekanand Education Society’s Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai||96.49|
|Xavier Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai||99.62|
MAH CET 2024 CAP Round
- After the announcement of the MAH CET 2024 result, candidates who meet the MAH CET cutoff will have to attend the MAH CET Counselling for admission to MBA/MMS courses.
- The MAH CET CAP round is a centralized admission process conducted by the State Common Entrance Test Cell to select candidates for the final admission list in participating institutes.
- The MAH CET CAP is conducted in three rounds for the allotment of seats to both Maharashtra State and Outside Maharashtra State candidates.
- Students from outside Maharashtra who wish to apply for admission to management institutions through MAH MBA CET 2024 counselling must have a valid score in CAT/GMAT/CMAT/MAT(February Session)/XAT/ATMA.
- Candidates must pay an application fee of Rs. 2000 for the general category and Rs. 1800 for reserved category candidates of Maharashtra for the MAH MBA CET seat allotment process.
MAH CET 2024 Top Colleges
Here is a list of the top colleges available for admission through MAH CET 2024:
|MAH CET Top Colleges|
|Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai||Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune||Prin. LN Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research, Mumbai|
|Department of Management Sciences (PUMBA), University of Pune||Xavier Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai|
|KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai||COEP Technological University, Pune|
|Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai||Prin. LN Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research, Bangalore|
|Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research, Mumbai||SIES College of Management Studies, Mumbai|
|Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur||MET’s Institute of Management, Mumbai|
|Balaji Institute of Modern Management, Pune||Lala Lajpatrai Institute of Management, Mumbai|
MAH CET 2024 FAQs
Ques. What is MAH CET 2024?
Ans. MAH CET 2024 is a state-level MBA entrance exam conducted by the State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra for admission to MBA/MMS courses in various management institutes in Maharashtra.
Ques. What are the eligibility criteria for MAH CET 2024?
Ans. To be eligible for MAH CET 2024 exam, the candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for reserved category candidates). Final years students pursuing Bachelor’s degrees are also eligible to appear for the MAH CET exam.
Ques. What is the exam pattern for the MAH CET 2024?
Ans. The MAH CET 2024 exam will be conducted in online mode and will consist of 200 multiple-choice questions with a duration of 150 minutes. The MAH CET exam pattern consists of four sections: Logical Reasoning, Abstract Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and Verbal Ability/ Reading Comprehension.
Ques. What is the syllabus for MAH CET 2024?
Ans. The syllabus for MAH CET 2024 includes Logical Reasoning, Abstract Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension. Candidates can check the MAH CET official website regularly for any new updates in the syllabus and exam pattern.
Ques. What is the cutoff for MAH CET 2024?
Ans. The cutoff for MAH CET 2024 will be announced by participating institutes after the declaration of the result. The MAH CET 2024 cutoff will depend on factors such as the number of seats available, the difficulty level of the exam, and the number of candidates appearing for the exam.
Ques. What is the selection process for MAH CET 2024?
Ans. The selection process for MAH CET 2024 will involve appearing for the exam, qualifying the cutoff set by participating institutes, applying for admission to desired institutes, participating in the Central Admission Process (CAP) conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra, and final selection based on the candidate’s performance in MAH CET 2024, the CAP rounds, and other criteria set by the institutes.