Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is a national-level management entrance exam that is held every year in the first week of January. XAT exam is conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur for admission to the Management courses. The XAT exam score is accepted for admission by many business schools all over India like XLRI, XIMB, SP Jain, IMT Ghaziabad, KJ Somaiya, TAPMI, etc. XAT 2024 exam will be held in online mode i.e., through Computer Based Test.
The notification for XAT 2023 will be released most probably in September 2023. Aspirants who want to apply for XAT 2024 can apply online on its official website i.e., www.xatonline.in. XAT 2024 Question paper comprises questions from subjects like Decision Making, Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation, Verbal and Logical Ability, and General Knowledge. In order to secure good marks in XAT 2024, candidates need to have a proper preparation and exam strategy in place.
XAT 2024 Exam Highlights
The highlights of the XAT 2024 exam are given in the below table:
|XAT 2024 Particulars||XAT 2024 Details|
|Name of the Exam||XAT|
|XAT Full Form||Xavier Aptitude Test|
|Conducting by||XLRI, Jamshedpur|
|Level of Exam||National|
|Frequency of Exam||Once a year|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Time Allotted||3 hours 30 minutes|
|Exam Section||Decision MakingVerbal & Logical AbilityQuantitative Ability & Data InterpretationGeneral KnowledgeEssay Writing|
|Exam Pattern||100 questions in MCQ format|
|Language of the Exam||English|
|Marking Scheme||For a wrong answer: 0.25 marks will be deductedFor unattempted Questions: 0.10 marks will be deductedNo negative marking General Knowledge and Essay Writing|
|Exam Fees||INR 2,000 (all categories)|
|Courses Offered||Human Resouce Management (HRM), Business Management (BM), and General Management Programme (GMP)|
XAT 2024 Exam Dates (Tentative)
Below given the tentative exam dates for XAT 2024:
|XAT 2024 Events||XAT 2024 Dates (Tentative)|
|Starting Date of XAT 2024 Notification||August 2023|
|Starting Date of XAT 2024 Application Form||August 2023|
|Last Date to Submit XAT 2024 Application Form||November 2023|
|Release of Admit Card||December 2023|
|XAT 2023 Exam Date||January 2024 (2:00 PM to 5:10 PM)|
|Release of XAT 2024 Answer Key||2nd week of January 2024|
|Announcement of XAT 2024 Result||Third/Fourth week of January 2024|
XAT 2024 Eligibility Criteria
To apply for XAT 2024, candidates need to fulfill certain eligibility criteria that are mentioned below points:
- Academic Qualification: Applicant should have passed their Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a central or state-recognized institute or university. There are no criteria for the minimum aggregate percentile in Bachelor’s degree.
- Age Limit: To apply for XAT 2024, there is no age limit. Aspirants can apply for XAT 2024 as many times as they want.
- Final year Students: Candidates appearing in the final year of their Bachelor’s degree are also eligible to apply for XAT 2024.
- Minimum Marks: There are no minimum marks required to apply for XAT 2024. However, candidates must have passed their Graduation with at least 50% of marks (45% of marks for SC/ST candidates).
- Experience: Candidates with professional degrees (CA/CS) and Working professionals can also apply for XAT 2024.
XAT 2024 Syllabus
XAT 2024 syllabus comprises all the important topics of Decision Making, Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation, Verbal and Logical Ability, and General Knowledge. The details of the XAT 2024 syllabus are mentioned below:
|Decision Making||Situational, Arithmetic, Analytical Reasoning, etc.|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||Reading Comprehension, English Grammar, Verbal Ability, Sentence Correction, Analogy-Based on Vocabulary, Para Jumble, Paragraph Formation Questions, Pronunciation, Critical Reasoning/ Inference, Cloze Test, Para Completion, Fill in the Blanks, Para Completion|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Set Theory, Venn Diagram, Progressions, Polynomials, Percentage, Time and Work, Time and Loss, Profit and Distance, Number, Equations, Functions and Graphs, Trigonometry, Probability, Data Analysis and Interpretation, Bar Charts, Table, Scatter Plots, Data Sufficiency, Permutation and Combination, Mensuration|
|General Knowlege||Current Affairs, Politics, Culture, Art and Entertainment, Sports, Inventions, Society, Personalities, Business, Innovation, World, Economy, History, National Issues, Ecosystem and Diversity, Currency, Important Dates, Science, National Capital, Books & Authors, Geography|
XAT 2024 Exam Pattern
XAT 2024 exam will be held in online mode and will consist of Multiple Choice Questions. XAT exam pattern was revised in 2022 in which Essay Writing was introduced again. For XAT 2024, there will be a sectional time limit. The details of the XAT 2024 Exam Patter are mentioned in the below table:
|XAT 2024 Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26||26|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||28||28|
|Essay||1||(To be evaluated upon shortlisting)|
XAT 2024 Registration Process
To perform for XAT 2024, the XAT registration process is the first step. Candidates going to sit for XAT 2024 can fill out the application form online and pay the requisite fees to register for the exam. The registration process for XAT 2024 is given in below points:
- Step 1: Visit the official site of XAT i.e., www.xatonline.in
- Step 2: Click on the option ‘New Registration’ and then enter the necessary details
- Step 3: A different XAT ID and registration link will be shared with the aspirants on the verified email ID
- Step 4: Click on the link to verify their registration
- Step 5: Now, go to XAT 2024 homepage and click on the option ‘login’
- Step 6: Candidates need to enter a valid email ID and password to open the XAT 2024 application form
- Step 7: Now, Fill in all the required fields of the XAT 2024 application form
- Step 8: Aspirants need to upload relevant documents for verification purposes like Passport size photograph, signature, etc.
- Step 9: Before clicking on submit button, cross-check the information
- Step 10: Pay the XAT 2024 application fee through net banking/ credit/debit card
- Step 11: After the payment of the application fee, the XAT 2024 application form will appear on the screen
- Step 12: Lastly, candidates need to download the XAT 2024 application form and take a printout of it for future use.
XAT 2024 Application Fees
Candidates will have to pay Rs. 2000 as a XAT 2024 application fee. XAT 2024 application fee can be paid either online or offline mode. For online mode, candidates can pay through various modes like net banking/ credit/debit card/ Paytm, etc. There will be no separate XAT registration fees for SC candidates.
XAT 2024 Preparation Tips
As XAT 2024 is one of the tougher entrance exams, to crack the exam, aspirants need to gear up their preparation strategy and keep some of the important points in mind to ace the entrance exam. Some of the preparation tips for XAT 2024 are given in below points:
- Candidates should join study groups online on platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Telegram, and WhatsApp.
- Get ahold of study material and XAT books. These are available online as well as in coaching institutes.
- Aspirants should start with topics that they are already familiar with.
- After completing a topic, aspirants should try to solve two-three problems. This will help them to understand the topic properly.
- Give focus on completing the syllabus first and then attempt to solve the mock test. For best performance, candidates should practice at least 25-30 mock tests.
XAT 2024 Result
XAT 2024 Results will be declared by the conducting authority on the official site of XAT. Candidates by visiting the official site can check the XAT 2024 results by entering the login credentials like User ID and Date of Birth. The steps to download XAT 2024 results are given in below points:
- Step 1: Go to the official portal of XAT i.e., www.xatonline.in
- Step 2: Enter XAT 2024 application number or registered ID and password
- Step 3: Now click on the tab for “XAT 2024 Scorecard”
- Step 4: XAT 2024 result will appear on the screen
- Step 5: Candidates can download the result of XAT 2024 and take a printout of it for future use.
XAT 2024 Admit Card
XAT 2024 Admit card will be issued in the last week of December 2023 in online mode. Aspirants can download the XAT 2024 admit card from the official website of XAT. To download the XAT 2024 exam admit card, aspirants need to enter their XAT login details, XAT ID, and Date of Birth (DOB). Aspirants can refer to the below steps while downloading XAT 2024 admit card:
- Step 1: Visit the official portal of XAT i.e., www.xatonline.in
- Step 2: Click on the tab “Login” tab
- Step 3: Now, aspirants have to enter their XAT 2024 User ID and Date of Birth (DOB), and then click on the tab “Login”
- Step 4: Now, click on the tab ‘XAT 2024 admit card
- Step 5: XAT 2024 admit card will appear on the screen
- Step 6: Lastly, candidates can download XAT 2024 admit card and take a printout of it for future uses
XAT 2024 Answer Key
XAT 2024 final answer key will be released online by the conducting authority on its official site. Below given the steps to download the XAT 2023 answer key are:
- Step 1: Go to the official portal of XAT2024 i.e., https://xatonline.in/
- Step 2: Click on the tab ‘response sheet’
- Step 3: Enter XAT 2024 user ID and password
- Step 4: Click on the option ‘aspirants response to generate answer key and question paper’
- Step 5: XAT 2024 answer key will appear on the screen.
- Step 6: Lastly, candidates can download XAT 2024 and save it in PDF format.
XAT Previous Year Cut off
XAT’s previous year cut-off for XLRI’s PGDM-BM course for male candidates is usually around 95 percentile and 92 percentile for female candidates. The expected cut-off for XAT 2024 is given in the below table:
Cut off for PGDM Business Management (BM) 2023:
Cut off For Human Resource Management (HRM) 2023:
What After XAT 2024 Result?
After the declaration of the XAT 2024 result, XLRI Jamshedpur will start the admission process for PGDM Human Resource Management and PGDM Business Management. The admission process of XLRI Jamshedpur is based on three stages- Shortlisting of candidates on the basis of marks secured in XAT 2024, Conduct Group Discussions (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI), and Release of Merit list and final selection of candidates
XAT 2024 Selection Criteria
Aspirants who clear the XAT 2024 exam will be eligible to participate and will have to undergo different rounds of the selection process. XAT 2024 Selection procedure involves the below steps for admission into XLRI institutes.
- Marks obtained in XAT 2024
- Shortlisting of candidates
- Group Discussion Personal Interviews, and
- Final selection
XAT 2024 FAQs
Q. What are the important topics for XAT 2024 in Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation section?
Ans: The important topics for XAT 2024 in Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation section are Arithmetic, Geometry, Surds and Indices, Algebra, Mensuration, Percentage, Mensuration, Bar Diagrams, Pie Charts, Tables, Data Interpretation, etc.
Q. What are the documents that candidates need to carry on XAT exam day?
Ans: The documents that candidates need to carry on XAT exam day are XAT admit card, Voter ID, Aadhar card, Passport, Driving License, and College/University Identity Card.
Q. Can candidates in the second year of graduation apply for XAT 2024?
Ans: No, candidates in the second year of graduation cannot apply for XAT 2024. To apply for XAT 2024 candidates should have completed their graduation or are in the final year of graduation.
Q. Which section will have the maximum number of questions in the XAT 2024 exam?
Ans: The section that will have the maximum number of questions in the XAT 2024 exam is the Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation section i.e. 28 questions, followed by the Verbal and Logical Ability section with 26 questions. Whereas, the General Knowledge section will have 25 questions while the Decision-Making section will comprise 22 questions.
Q. What are the documents that are needed at the time of XAT 2024 counseling?
Ans: The documents that are needed at the time of XAT 2024 counseling are the XAT Admit Card, Scorecard, Mark sheets and certificates of class 10, class 12, and Graduation, and Photo Identity card.
Q. How many times candidates can sit for XAT 2024 exam?
Ans: There is no limit to appearing for XAT 2024 exam. Candidates can attempt many times as they want but they need to fulfill the eligibility criteria. Many aspirants sit for the XAT exam twice or thrice to get their desired score.