The All India Management Association (AIMA) administers the Management Aptitude Test (MAT), a national entrance exam, to candidates for admittance to the MBA/PGDM programmes offered by more than 600 B-Schools throughout India. In India, only MAT allows candidates the choice of taking the exam in paper-based exam (PBT), computer-based test (CBT), or internet-based test (IBT) formats.
The dates for the May session will be released soon, and registration will open at the beginning of March and remain open up to the beginning of May 2023. Candidates having a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field may apply for MAT 2023 through an online application process.
MAT 2023 Key Points
See the crucial information about the MAT 2023 exam.
|Exam Title.||Management Aptitude Test (MAT)|
|Organizing Body.||All India Management Association (AIMA)|
|Examining Period.||February, May, September, and December are the four times per year.|
|Mode of Exam||CBT, PBT, IBT|
|Exam costs.||1900 INR for one test mode3050 rupees for two test modes|
|Goal of the exam.||admissions to over 600 MBA schools in India|
|Test Cities count.||PBT Mode- 39CBT Mode- 27|
Date of MAT 2023 Examination
The following table lists the MAT exam schedule for the May sessions for applicants wishing to take the MAT 2023 examination:
Dates for MAT 2023 May Sessions Exams
|Access to the application form||Last week of February 2023|
|Online registration deadline||Last week of April 2023|
|issuance of admission cards||Last week of April 2023 – First week of May 2023|
|Date of the entry test (Paper based examination)||1st week of May 2023|
|Date of the entry test (Computer based examination)||3rd week of May 2023|
|results disclosure||May/ June 2023|
Dates for the MAT 2023 September Sessions Exams
|Access to the application form||1st week of July 2023|
|Online registration deadline||August 2023|
|issuance of admission cards||August 2023|
|Date of the entry test (Paper based examination)||1st week of September 2023|
|Date of the entry test (Computer based examination)||2nd week of September 2023|
|results disclosure||October 2023|
Exam dates for the MAT 2023 December Sessions
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Access to the application form||1st week of October 2023|
|Online registration deadline||November 2023|
|issuance of admission cards||November 2023|
|Date of the entry test (Paper based examination)||2nd week of December 2023|
|Date of the entry test (Computer based examination)||3rd week of December 2023|
|results disclosure||January 2023|
Fees Charged for MAT 2023 Applications
Application fees for MAT 2023 must only be paid online using a credit card or debit card, upi, net banking, or paytm wallet. The application cost varies in accordance with the number of MAT exam types that applicants may sit for throughout a session.
|Details||Amount (in INR)|
|Paper-based Exam (PBT).||1900|
|Computer-Based Exam (CBT).||1900|
|Remotely supervised online examination (IBT).||1900|
|both CBT and PBT tests.||3050|
|two IBT tests.||3050|
|two CBT examinations.||3050|
Requirements for Eligibility in MAT 2023
The basic requirements for candidates to be eligible for the MAT are outlined in the eligibility criteria. Before submitting their applications, individuals interested in taking the MAT 2023 examination must ensure that they meet the minimal requirements established by the organisation responsible for administering the test.
- Applicants must have graduated from an accredited university in any field.
- Applicants may also be students in their last year of study.
- To take the MAT 2023 exam, there is no minimum job experience requirement.
- The MAT test has no upper age restriction.
MAT Registration 2023
The registration for MAT 2023 exam is entirely an online process. Following each step before finally submitting an application for the MAT 2023 exam is a must.
- Candidates must register before starting the MAT application process by entering their email address and mobile number.
- Following that, applicants must mention the OTP they received to confirm their email address and mobile number.
- Candidates must then log in with their login details to complete the MAT application form 2023 process.
- Applicants must include a scanned copy of both their signature and passport-size picture.
- Application fees for MAT 2023 may be paid online with a debit card, credit card, or net banking.
The following is a list of the document dimensions needed for uploading:
|Photograph||from 10 to 50 KB||Just a JPEG/JPG-formatted scan of the colour photo that is no older than six months|
|Signature||from 5 to 20 KB||Black-ink or blue-ink alone signature scan; only available in JPEG or JPG format.|
Syllabus for MAT 2023
The following is a description of the comprehensive MAT 2023 syllabus that applicants should consult while they study for the test:
|MAT Sections||MAT Exam Syllabus|
|Language Comprehension||One Word Substitution, Sentence Correction, Reading Comprehension, Parajumbles, Fill in the blanks, Verbal Ability, Antonym & Synonyms, Idioms & Phrases, etc.|
|Data Analysis & Sufficiency||Composite Bar charts, Pie charts, Graphs – Line X-Y Graphs, Data Tables, Data charts, Bar diagrams & Charts including Simple, Stacked, Data analysis, Caselet based Data, Venn diagram, Data Sufficiency.|
|Mathematical Skills||Arithmetic, Number System (3-4) questions, Commercial Math, Geometry, Permutation and Combinations, Ratio and Proportion and others, Elementary Mathematics, etc.|
|Intelligence & Critical Reasoning||Fact Inference Judgment, Critical Reasoning, Statement Argument among others, Seating Arrangement, Blood Relations, Logical Sequence, Assumption, Premise, Conclusion, Cubes, Rows, Set Theory, Venn Diagrams, Direction sense and Decision Making, Input-Output, Series, Syllogism, Network Diagrams, Quantitative Reasoning, Puzzles|
MAT Exam Pattern 2023
- The MAT 2023 test will be offered in three different formats: IBT, CBT, and PBT.
- The question paper will be split into five separate sections in accordance with the MAT Test Pattern: English Comprehension, Intelligence & Critical Thinking, Data Analysis as well as Sufficiency, Mathematical Skills, and Indian and Global Environment.
- There will be 40 multiple-choice questions in each part, making a total of 200 questions.
- MAT 2023 examination will take 150 minutes to complete.
- Candidates will receive one mark for each choice that is accurate while losing 0.25 points for each one that is wrong.
|MAT Exam Features||Details|
|test modes||CBT, PBT, IBT|
|Exam time||150 minutes|
|Sections in MAT||Language ComprehensionIntelligence & Critical ReasoningIndian & Global EnvironmentData Analysis & SufficiencyMathematical Skills|
|Amount of questions||200|
|Amount of questions section-wise||40|
|Total distribution of marks||200|
|Grading System||+1 for each appropriate response.-0.25 for every entered mistake.0 for choosing not to answer the question.|
Exam Preparation for MAT 2023
Candidates taking the MAT 2023 exam must be familiar with the most recent exam structure and course material. Make a good schedule and stick to it to keep your attention on all the vital subjects. Applicants must practice more sample papers as well as previous year’s questions if they hope to perform well in the test.
|Intelligence & Critical Reasoning||Modern Approach for Logical Reasoning by R S AggarwalGeneral Intelligence and Critical Reasoning by the Disha PublicationsLogical Reasoning for CAT by Nishit K Sinha|
|Data Analysis & Sufficiency||Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency by the Disha PublicationsData Interpretation & Analysis and Data Sufficiency by the Kiran Prakashan Publishers|
|Language Comprehension||General Objective English by the Arihant PublicationsWord Power Made Easy by Norman LewisEnglish Comprehension for MAT by the Disha Publications|
|Indian and Global Environment||General Knowledge by Lucent PublicationsGeneral Knowledge by Manohar PandeyManorama English Yearbook by Mammen Mathew|
|Mathematical Skills||How to Prepare for QA for CAT by Arun Sharma Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal|
Question Papers & Practice Exams for MAT 2023
Doing additional practice exams and questions from the previous year’s test constitutes one of the top ways to perform well on the MAT 2023 exam. This helps applicants gain a sense of the questions that will be asked and what to expect while composing the final paper.
Admit Card for MAT 2023
A few days before the scheduled exam date of MAT examination, candidates are provided with their admission cards on the official MAT AIMA website. Only the official website of AIMA will host the publication of the admission card. Candidates must bring their MAT 2023 hall tickets with them when they take the test because it is a crucial document. Without presenting the valid MAT admit card, applicants will not be allowed to take the test.
How do I get my MAT admit card?
The steps to obtain the MAT 2023 hall tickets are listed below in detail:
- See the AIMA website for more information.
- Click the link that is “MAT 2023 Admit Card.”
- Use the registration number as well as the password to log in.
- Obtain your MAT 2023 Hall Ticket at this time.
- Cross-check every detail listed on the admission card, then print it off.
MAT Test Day Instructions
- Applicants for the MAT IBT mode should set up a laptop or desktop and verify their connection to the internet at least an hour prior to the exam time.
- Applicants for the MAT IBT mode should dress formally and be prepared to provide their admit card and any supporting documentation for remote verification.
- From 10:00 Am until 12:30 PM, the MAT PBT as well as CBT are held. Applicants must arrive at the testing location by 8:30 AM.
- A ballpoint pen in either blue or black should be carried by candidates. Applicants for the CBT mode will require it to sign the attendance sheet, while candidates for the PBT mode will need it to complete the OMR sheet in addition to signing the attendance sheet.
- Candidates must make sure they don’t bring any of these items to the exam centre since they are forbidden. This includes devices like phones, calculators, electronic watches, and other similar electronic items.
- Have the original copy of the MAT admission card because a digital or photocopy will not be accepted as legal identification.
Furthermore, bring the following paperwork to the MAT examination location for the PBT and CBT modes of testing:
- Admission ticket: two prints
- Self Declaration form filled up for COVID-19 details
- Proof of identity: Voter identification, an Aadhaar card, an Election I-card, a passport, a driver’s license, or a PAN card, in original.
- If your name has changed, you must have documentation proving the change with you at all times.
MAT 2023 Answer Key
When the test is successfully completed, the MAT answer keys would be made available online via the official website. Applicants can verify their predicted scores by referring to the MAT answer key. A number of tutoring facilities will also provide their own MAT answer keys online in addition to the official ones.
MAT 2023 Scorecard & Results
Results for the PBT, CBT, and IBT formats of the MAT 2023 will be made public on the AIMA’s main site. Applicants who want to check their results must visit the official website. These are the specific steps for comparing the results obtained:
- Visit the AIMA’s website.
- Use your registered email address, password, and Birthdate to log in.
- Your screen will show the MAT 2023 Scorecard.
- You can obtain the MAT results in PDF format.
- To use as additional reference, print the page.
Cutoff for MAT 2023
Upon the release of the MAT 2023 Scores, the participating institutes will announce the cutoff 2023. To obtain a sense of the minimum expected results they should get on the exam, individuals studying for the MAT 2023 exam can review the cut off of the major enrolling institutes.
|College||MAT Cut-Off Range|
|Christ University, Bangalore||80-85|
|VIT Business School, Vellore||80-85|
|AIMS School of Business (AIMS), Bangalore||75-80|
|GITAM Business School, Hyderabad||65-70|
|New Delhi Institute of Management||80-85|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida||80-85|
|BIMTECH Greater Noida||80-85|
|GITAM School of Business, Bangalore||65-70|
|New Delhi Institute of Management (NDIM)||80-85|
|Vignana Jyothi Institute of Management||80-85|
|IES Management College and Research Centre||80-85|
|Vivekanand Education VESIM Mumbai||65-70|
Best Schools That Accept MAT Scores
For MBA/PGDM admission, more than 800 MBA institutes in India take into account MAT results. The listing of a few well-known universities that accept MAT scores for Entrance examination to the most qualified applicants is provided below.
- Amity University
- ABBS School of Management
- Dr. D.Y. Patil B School, Pune
- ITM University
- United world School of Business
- GL Bajaj Institute of Management & Research
- IILM University
- OP Jindal Global University
- SRM University
- Christ University
- Alliance University
- GITAM Institute of Management
- Jain University
- JIMS Rohini
Why SHOULD I take the MAT exam?
A: Almost 800 B-Schools in India offer MBA and PGDM/PGP programmes, and MAT exam is required for admission. Many times in each of the four phases—February, May, September, and December—the test is given. The All India Management Association organises it.
What is the maximum age for MAT 2023?
There is no upper age limit to sit for the MAT 2023 test. Also, there is no cap on how many times a candidate may try the exam in total.
When will the MAT 2023 counselling procedure take place?
The answer is negative, AIMA does not have a centralised counselling procedure. So, following the release of the MAT 2023 result, the participating institutes will perform the MAT 2023 counselling procedure.
What is the MAT eligibility requirement?
A: Graduation from an accredited university in any stream is the minimal requirement for MAT test qualifying. Students in their last year of study or those awaiting results may also take the MAT. There is no 50% Graduation score requirement on the MAT. Applicants who have passing grades may also take the MAT.
Do I have the option to take the MAT 2023 test across both IBT as well as PBT modes?
Yes, candidates may take the MAT 2023 in both IBT and CBT/PBT formats. Nevertheless, in additional to the INR 1900 in fees, applicants who choose the two options must also pay INR 1150.
How long will Management Institutes take into account MAT 2023 scores?
Answer: Candidates may transmit their MAT scores to different management institutes throughout the course of a year, since they would be valid for one year. Hence, results from the MAT 2023 will be accepted for the academic year 2023–2024.
Can I show up for the MAT from home?
A: Sure, test takers may sit for the MAT from home. They must select the Web Based Test or IBT mode on the MAT registration form to do that. Candidates can take the exam in IBT mode from home or from any other location utilising a desktop or laptop computer with a working camera and an internet connection.
What MAT exam score do you regard to be good?
A total of 80 tries (excluding the Indian and Global Environment) with 80% accuracy, or a net score omitting the Indian and Global Environment in excess of 60 (out of a maximum potential 160 marks), is generally regarded as an outstanding score in the recent past (the last 10 MAT examinations).
What will the MAT 2023 test format and scoring system be?
A maximum of 200 questions will be asked from five areas, including Intelligence & Critical Thinking, Mathematical Skills, Language Skills, DA & Sufficiency, and Indian & Global Environment, in accordance with the MAT test structure and syllabus. There will be an equal number of questions from each area.
Question: Would offline versions of the MAT 2023 registration forms be made available?
Ans: No, MAT Only the AIMA’s official website hosts the application forms. Only those who are qualified and interested in applying online should go to the official site. With PBT, CBT, and IBT, the application process is the same.