IBSAT 2023 selection briefings will begin tentatively in the second week of January 2024. The stages of IBSAT selection process includes selection briefings, group discussions (GD), and personal interviews (PI). Only candidates who clear the IBSAT cutoff will be called to attend the GD and PI rounds for selection.
Apart from the performance of candidates in the GD & PI rounds, the past academic record and work experience (if any) will also act as major factors in preparing the final merit list for IBSAT selection. Candidates can go check the official website regularly for more updates and notifications regarding the IBSAT selection process.
IBSAT Selection Process 2023: Important Dates
The important dates regarding the IBSAT 2023 selection process are as follows:
|IBSAT Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Last Date to Submit IBSAT Application||3rd week of December 2023|
|IBSAT Exam Dates 2023||4th week of December 2023|
|IBSAT Result Declaration 2023||1st week of January 2024|
|IBSAT Selection Briefings 2023||2nd week of January 2024|
|IBSAT Selection Process Begins||February/ March 2024|
IBSAT Selection Process 2023: Stage-wise Selection
Candidates that qualify for IBSAT 2023 based on IBSAT, GMAT, XAT, CAT, or NMAT by GMAC will go through a selection process. Candidates must participate in group discussions and personal interviews (GD & PI) as part of the admissions process.
The relevant authority will take into account candidates’ past academic records, performance in PI and GD, and other factors when making a final admissions decision. Final applicants will be chosen based on their performance in the GD and PI as well as their past academic achievements.
The stage-wise process for IBSAT 2023 selection will be as follows:
- Selection Briefings: An IBSAT selection briefing is conducted for qualified candidates before the Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds. During the selection briefings, experts from IBS will conduct classes or seminars for students on IBS, their selection process, and preparation tips for selection, and will also respond to their queries with appropriate answers. The IBSAT selection briefings will be held in several cities and candidates can select the date, time, and venue as per their convenience.
- Group Discussions (GD): Candidates’ capacity for cooperation and communication is examined during the group discussion round. A group discussion entails a discussion on a certain subject with other applicants, often those with comparable backgrounds and education. A group discussion can help you stand out, and practising for one can help you get better at public speaking.
- Personal Interviews (PI): In a personal interview, the interviewer usually poses questions to elicit details, viewpoints, and perspectives from the interviewee. The interviewer could then could offer follow-up questions to further elucidate or develop the interviewee’s comments. Depending on the goal and circumstances of the conversation, a personal interview may take place in a professional or informal setting.
IBSAT Selection Process 2023: Final Merit List
Once the IBSAT stage-wise selection process is completed, the IBSAT authorities will then prepare a final merit list for admission. Along with the candidate’s performance in the GD and PI rounds, they will also consider the candidate’s past academic records and work experience (if any) for selection. Here are the details regarding the IBSAT selection criteria for the preparation of the final merit list:
|Selection Criteria||Weightage (%)|
|Past Academic Record||X Class Marks||10||50|
|XII Class Marks||15|
|Group discussion and Personal interview (1:1)||50|
IBSAT Selection Process 2023: Top Colleges
The list of top colleges accepting IBSAT 2023 scores is given below along with the estimated fees for the institutes. This will help students to choose the best college suitable for them.
|Name of the College||Course||Annual Fees (Tentative)|
|IBS Hyderabad||MBA||8.02 LPA|
|IBS Ahmedabad||PGPM||4.45 LPA|
|IBS Bangalore||PGPM||6.03 LPA|
|IBS Mumbai||PGPM||4.54 LPA|
|IBS Gurgaon||PGPM||4.54 LPA|
|IBS Pune||PGPM||4.54 LPA|
|IBS Kolkata||PGPM||4.54 LPA|
|IBS Jaipur||MBA||3.015 LPA|
|IBS Dehradun||MBA||3 LPA|
IBSAT Selection Process 2023: Documents Required for Verification
The candidates must have the following documents in order to apply for admission in management courses in the colleges accepting IBSAT 2023 score.
- Matriculation Certificate
- +2/12th Board Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Graduate Degree Certificate
- IBSAT 2023 Scorecard
- Passport-size Photographs
IBSAT Selection Process 2023: Cutoff
The IBSAT 2023 cutoff will be released after the exam has been conducted. It will be made available online. The IBSAT 2023 cutoff will be determined depending on a number of variables, the number of candidates taking the exam, and its level of difficulty. Candidates for the GD and PI rounds will be chosen based on the IBSAT cutoff.
Given below is the expected cutoff percentile of the top colleges accepting IBSAT 2023 scores for admission:
|Name of the College||Cutoff Percentile|
IBSAT Selection Process 2023 FAQs
Ques. Is it necessary to have work experience to get selected for IBS?
Ans. No. It is not necessary to have work experience to apply for IBSAT 2023 and get selected for IBS institutes. But work experience of candidates if an will provide an additional help for the the candidates in the IBSAT 2023 screening process.
Ques. When will the results of IBSAT 2023 be declared?
Ans. The results of IBSAT 2023 will be tentatively released in the first week of January 2024. The IBSAT scorecard will be available for candidates to download online through the official website. Candidates must provide their login information in order to view the results.
Ques. What is the weightage of GD and PI rounds in the final merit list?
Ans. The GD and PI rounds constitute a 50% of the total weightage in the IBSAT selection criteria for the final merit list. The performance of candidates in the GD and PI rounds determine the selection of candidates for admission.
Ques. What are the factors affecting the determination of IBSAT 2023 cutoff?
Ans. There are multiple factors affecting the determination of IBSAT 2023 cutoff. Some of the factors are the number of candidates appearing for IBSAT exam, the number of seats, and the difficulty level of the exam.
Ques. Is the IBSAT 2023 selection process held online or offline?
Ans. The IBSAT 2023 selection process is held offline at the university campuses. The physical presence of candidates at their allotted venues is necessary to appear for the IBSAT screening process.