NMAT is a national-level management entrance exam conducted by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) for admission into various MBA and other management programs offered by NMIMS and other top B-schools in India. The NMAT 2023 selection process is a comprehensive process that includes multiple stages, including the NMAT exam, Group Discussion, and Personal Interview.
- The candidates who clear these rounds are then evaluated based on their academic records, work experience, and overall profile before being offered admission to the respective programs.
- In this selection process, the weightage of each stage varies depending upon the institute and program the candidate is applying for.
NMAT 2023 Selection Process: Important Dates
The official website will soon release the schedule for the NMAT Selection Process. In the meantime, candidates can refer to the tentative schedule given below.
|Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|NMAT Result Date||Immediately after the Result|
|NMAT Score Card||72 hours after the exam|
|Declaration of cutoff||January 2024|
|Registration of GD/ PI process||February 2024|
|GD/ PI||March 2024|
NMAT 2023 Selection Process
The NMAT 2023 Selection Process includes three important stages: Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD), and Personal Interview (PI).
- Written Ability Test (WAT):
- It is conducted by a few B-schools only.
- The candidates are given a topic and a stipulated time to complete the article.
- They are evaluated on factors such as grammar, language, vocabulary, clarity of thought, etc.
- Group Discussion (GD):
- It is a common round for many participating institutes.
- The candidates are divided into groups of 5-10 and given 15-20 minutes to debate on a topic related to social, political, economic, sports, arts, or educational nature.
- They are evaluated on factors such as leadership skills, managerial skills, personality, negotiation skills, communication skills, listening skills, and confidence.
- The topics for the GD round may vary, but they can include social and political issues, science and technology, finance and economics, or COVID-19 updates and impacts.
- Personal Interview (PI):
- It is the second most common round in the NMAT Selection Process.
- The PI is conducted as a panel discussion with three to four panellists, including senior interviewers and subject matter experts.
- The candidate is evaluated based on their interests, attitude, personality, long-term goals, academic profile, and work experience (if any).
- The panellists also assess the candidate’s communication skills, confidence, and overall personality.
Documents Required for NMAT 2023 Selection Process
During the NMAT Selection Process, candidates are required to carry certain documents for verification purposes during the admission or PI/CD rounds. The list of documents may vary based on the specific requirements of each participating institute but generally includes:
- NMAT by GMAC result
- NMAT by GMAC admit card
- 10th passing certificate and mark sheet
- 12th passing certificate and mark sheet
- Date of Birth Proof
- Address Proof
- Graduation mark sheet and passing certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Work Experience Certificate
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Passport-size photographs
- Identity proofs
NMAT 2023 Cut off
Below is a table showcasing the NMAT Cut Off for 2022 in some of the top colleges that accept the NMAT Scores.
|NMAT Participating Institutes||Cut-Off Score / Percentile|
|NMIMS, Mumbai||235+ NMAT Score|
|NMIMS, Bangalore||220+ NMAT Score|
|NMIMS, Hyderabad||220+ NMAT Score|
|ISB, Hyderabad||140+ NMAT Score|
|XIM, Bhubaneswar||90+ NMAT Percentile|
|SDA Bocconi Asia Centre, Mumbai||200+ NMAT Score|
|SRM University||180+ NMAT Score|
Tips to Crack NMAT 2023 Selection Process
To crack the NMAT selection process, candidates need to focus on different aspects of the exam. Here are some tips:
- Stay updated with current affairs related to social, political, and economic issues as they can be a topic for the case discussion.
- Research the participating institutes, their admission criteria, and cut-offs to get a better understanding of the selection process.
- Seek guidance from mentors, professors, or coaching centres to get a better understanding of the exam and selection process.
- Understand the MBA subjects and why you want to pursue an MBA. It will help you answer the questions during the selection process more effectively.
- Communication skills are essential for cracking the Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds. Work on your communication skills, including verbal and non-verbal communication, body language, and tone.
- For the written ability test, read and comprehend the topic thoroughly, make a plan, and write down the vital points before starting the essay.
- Check the previous year’s NMAT analysis to get an idea about the exam difficulty level.
- During the personal interview, present yourself professionally and stay alert while giving thoughtful responses to the questions.
By following these tips, candidates can enhance their chances of cracking the NMAT selection process.
Colleges Participating in NMAT 2023
Colleges participate in the NMAT 2023 selection process are as follows:
- SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai (NMIMS)
- Alliance School of Business, Alliance University, Bangalore
- School of Business Management, NMIMS Hyderabad
- Ansal University, Gurgaon
- BML Munjal University, Delhi
- Amity University, Delhi NCR
- Thapar School of Management, Chandigarh
- SRM University, Chennai
- ICFAI Business School (IBS), Hyderabad and other locations
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Gitam School of International Business, Visakhapatnam
- Hyderabad Business School, GITAM University, Hyderabad
- Jindal Global Business School, Delhi NCR
- Bennett University, Greater Noida
- Woxsen School of Business Management, Hyderabad
- Universal Business School, Mumbai
- ITM Business School, Navi Mumbai
- ISBR Business School, Bengaluru, Karnataka
- SDA Bocconi Asia Center, Mumbai
- Chitkara University, Patiala
- Athena School of Management, Mumbai
- Flame University, Pune
- Jain University – CMS Business School, Bengaluru
- Institute of Management, JK Lakshmipat University, Jaipur
NMAT 2023 Selection Process FAQs
Ques. What is the NMAT Selection Process?
Ans. The NMAT Selection Process is a series of steps that candidates need to go through in order to secure admission to MBA programs offered by various NMAT participating institutes.
Ques. What are the components of the NMAT Selection Process?
Ans. The NMAT Selection Process consists of three main components: Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD), and Personal Interview (PI).
Ques. Is the NMAT Selection Process the same for all participating institutes?
Ans. No, the NMAT Selection Process may vary slightly for different participating institutes, depending on their specific admission criteria.
Ques. Can candidates apply to multiple participating institutes through NMAT?
Ans. Yes, candidates can apply to multiple participating institutes through NMAT by paying separate application fees for each institute.
Ques. What is the minimum NMAT score required to be eligible for the NMAT Selection Process?
Ans. There is no minimum NMAT score requirement for eligibility. However, a higher score increases the chances of selection in the selection process.
Ques. When does the NMAT Selection Process usually take place?
Ans. The NMAT Selection Process usually takes place after the release of the NMAT by GMAC result in January. However, the exact dates may vary for different participating institutes.
Ques. What documents are required for the NMAT Selection Process?
Ans. Candidates are required to carry documents such as NMAT by GMAC result, admit card, date of birth proof, address proof, academic certificates, passport-size photographs, etc.
Ques. How is the final selection made?
Ans. The final selection is made based on the overall performance of the candidate in the selection process, including their NMAT score, WAT, GD, and PI scores.