CAT 2023 result will be declared by the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Bangalore tentatively in the month of December 2023 or January 2024. CAT 2023 results will be announced online on the official site of IIM CAT i.e, www.iimcat.ac.in. Aspirants who will appear for CAT 2023 can check the result by entering their login credentials like user ID and password. CAT 2023 results will comprise details like the candidate’s name, registration number, photo, category, sectional score, overall score, sectional percentile, and overall percentile.
After the announcement of the CAT 2023 result, the IIM will start shortlisting aspirants for admission based on the CAT cut-offs. CAT 2023 scorecard can also be downloaded from the official site of IIM CAT.
- CAT 2023 result is expected to be declared in the month of December 2023 or January 2024 by IIM, Bangalore.
- CAT 2023 results will be available online only on its official website.
- Registered aspirants will get an SMS announcing the declaration of the CAT 2023 results.
- Results for every CAT slot will be announced on the same day.
- CAT 2023 scorecard will contain aspirants scaled scores and percentile.
CAT 2023 Result: Important Dates
The tentative dates of the CAT 2023 results are given in the below table:
|CAT Events||CAT Dates (Tentative)|
|CAT Exam Date 2023||November 2023|
|CAT Result Date 2023||December 2023 or January 2024|
|Release of CAT 2023 Answer Key||December 2023 or January 2024|
|WAT, GD, and PI Rounds||January 2024|
|CAT Final Selection||January 2024|
How to Download CAT 2023 Result?
CAT 2023 Results will be declared online on the official site of IIM CAT. To download the result, aspirants need to follow the below-given steps:.
- Step 1: Aspirants must go to the official site of IIM CAT i.e., www.iimcat.ac.in
- Step 2: Now, aspirants need to log in to the link and select the tab “CAT 2023 Result’
- Step 3: Aspirants need to enter their login credentials like CAT 2023 user ID and password.
- Step 4: Select the tab “IIM CAT 2023 Score Card”.
- Step 5: The scorecard of IIM CAT 2023 will appear on the screen.
- Step 6: Lastly, aspirants need to download the CAT 2023 scorecard and take a printout of it for future use.
How to Check CAT 2023 Results on Mobile?
CAT 2023 exam will be scheduled by IIM in three slots. Aspirants can check their CAT 2023 results on their mobile phones as well. However, they must download their scorecards on a desktop or laptop. Below given the steps to download CAT 2023 results on mobile are:
- Step 1: Firstly, open a web browser on the smartphone
- Step 2: Type the URL of the CAT 2023 exam i.e., www.iimcat.ac.in
- Step 3: Now, candidates need to click on the tab ‘CAT 2023 scorecard’
- Step 4: Aspirants need to enter their CAT 2023 application number and password
- Step 5: To open the document, click on the scorecard tab.
Details Mentioned on the scorecard of CAT 2023:
A CAT scorecard is the details of a candidate’s result acquired in the exam. The marks and percentile are classified section-wise. The scorecard also contains the overall score of the candidates. The scorecard of CAT for IIM will be valid for one year. The details that are mentioned on the scorecard of CAT 2023 are given in below points:
- Aspirants’ registration number/user ID
- Candidate’s name, gender, and category
- Date of Birth (DOB)
- Date and Time of CAT examination
- Aspirants’ contact details and email id
- CAT sectional scores
- CAT overall score
- CAT section-wise percentile score
- CAT overall percentile score.
How is CAT Percentile Calculated?
In CAT 2023, three marks will be given for each correct attempt and one mark will be deducted for each incorrect attempt. No marks will be deducted for the wrong attempts in non-MCQ-type questions. Calculation of the CAT 2023 percentile will comprise three steps. Given below steps to calculate CAT 2023 result are:
- As per the number of correct and incorrect attempts, each candidate will be first given marks in each section, then the overall score will be calculated by totaling the section-wise scores.
- Thereafter, the section-wise scores and overall scores (raw scores) are normalized to reach a scaled CAT score.
- The normalized scores are transformed into percentiles which are described in the CAT scorecards.
What is CAT Normalisation Process?
CAT 2023 exam will be held in three slots and the exam difficulty level for every session varies from each other. To make sure justice in the marking process, CAT conducting authorities follow a process known as the normalization process. The normalization process is that process where the marks of every aspirant are scaled to bring it to the same level. The CAT normalization process will be based on the scoring process of GATE and the calculations will be based on statistical equations. During the CAT normalization process, the parameters that are taken into consideration are mentioned below points:
- Highest score
- Lowest score
- Mean score
- Median score
- Top 10 percentiles
- Lowest 10 percentiles
CAT 2023 Result: Validity
CAT 2023 results will only be valid only for one year. Aspirants whose scores fulfill the CAT 2023 cut-off can use the result for the present academic year.
- The validity of the CAT 2023 Scorecard will end on Dec 31, 2024.
- Candidates after one year can again appear for the CAT exam and fulfill the cut-off once more to get admission to their top-choice college.
- For the CAT 2023 exam, there will be no upper age limit. Hence, aspirants can sit for the exam every year.
What after the CAT 2023 Result?
After the announcement of the CAT 2023 result, the IIMs will invite shortlisted aspirants directly through email/registered/speed post for further selection rounds. Aspirants who will fulfill the minimum CAT cut-off marks will be needed to fill out an online form on the official portal of the IIMs they have selected in the CAT 2023 application form for admission. Thereafter, the institutes will shortlist aspirants on the basis of their overall and sectional CAT percentile and academic record. The criteria for shortlisting will vary across IIMs.
Normally the IIMs will follow the same selection process which includes- Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD), and Personal Interview (PI) rounds. The new IIMs will have a common selection process, i.e., a Common Admission Process( CAP) for which separate registration will be done once the minimum CAP cutoff percentile will be released by the conducting authority of CAP. The final selection of the aspirants for MBA admissions will be done on the basis of various factors like Academic history, CAT score, work experience, gender diversity, academic diversity, and performance in WAT, GD, and PI.
CAT 2023 Result: Admission Process
The admission process of IIM comprises three stages. A brief description of the IIM admission process is mentioned below points:
- Screening of aspirants on the basis of academic history and scores obtained in CAT score.
- Written Ability Test/ Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds
- Final selection of the aspirants
CAT 2023 Result: Important Instructions
Below given the important instructions for CAT 2023:
- Aspirants who will appear for the CAT 2023 entrance exam will be entitled to receive the CAT scorecard 2023.
- CAT 2023 results will be available in online mode. Aspirants can take a printout of the CAT result for future use. However, no hard copy of the CAT 2023 result will be sent to the candidates.
- IIMs as well as Non-IIM institutions can use the CAT 2023 result based on their respective selection procedure.
- The result of CAT 2023 will be valid for one year.
CAT 2023 Cut Off
Cut-off is the minimum mark required by an aspirant in the CAT 2023 result to make it selected for the next rounds. The CAT 2023 cut-off will be based on a number of factors: the number of aspirants appearing for the CAT exam, the difficulty level of the CAT question paper, the Availability of seats, and the Previous year’s CAT cut-off trends. The expected cut-off CAT 2023 for the previous year is given in the below table:
|Name of the Institute||Qualifying CAT cut-offs|
Top B-schools Accepting CAT 2023 Exam Result
Some of the top B-schools that accept CAT 2023 result for admission are given in the below table:
|Name of the Institute||Expected Cut off|
|FMS Delhi Admission||98.20 Percentile|
|Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar (XIMB)||90+ Percentile|
|MDI Gurgaon Admission||95+ Percentile|
|FORE School of Management Admission||76 to 85.75 Percentile|
|SPJIMR Mumbai Admission||85+ Percentile|
|NITIE Mumbai Admission||95+ Percentile|
|IMT Ghaziabad PGDM Admission||93+ Percentile|
|TAPMI Admission||85+ Percentile|
|IPE MBA Admission||75 to 80 percentile|
CAT Result 2023 Toppers List and Statistics
CAT Result 2023 Topper List and Statistics will be available after the declaration of the result. Below given the toppers list and statistics of previous year CAT results 2022:
|Overall Percentile||Total Numbers||Gender-wise Number of Toppers||Total State wise numbers|
|100 percentiles||11||All Males||Delhi: 2Gujarat: 1Haryana: 1Kerala: 1Madhya Pradesh: 1Maharashtra: 2Telangana: 2Uttar Pradesh: 1|
|99.99 percentiles||22||Male: 21Female: 01||Delhi: 2Gujarat: 3Karnataka: 2Madhya Pradesh: 3Maharashtra: 3Punjab: 1Rajasthan: 1Tamil Nadu: 1Telangana: 1Uttar Pradesh: 2West Bengal: 3|
|99.98 percentiles||22||Male: 19Female: 03||Andhra Pradesh: 1Bihar: 1Delhi: 2Haryana: 2Karnataka: 1Kerala: 1Madhya Pradesh: 1Maharashtra: 4Odisha: 2Rajasthan: 5Uttar Pradesh 1West Bengal: 1|
CAT Result FAQs
Q. Will a candidate be eligible for admission into an MBA course even if he/she does not clear the minimum cut-off marks?
Ans: No, a candidate will not be eligible for admission into an MBA course even if he/she does not clear the minimum cut-off marks. To get shortlisted for Group Discussion GD), and Personal Interview (PI) rounds for MBA admission, clearing the CAT cut-off is a compulsory requirement that candidates need to fulfill.
Q. Is there any provision for revaluation or rechecking of CAT 2023 results?
Ans: No, there will be no provision for revaluation or re-checking CAT 2023. If aspirants want to improve their CAT score, then they can appear for CAT next year.
Q. Can a candidate be able to see the scaled score on the CAT 2023 scorecard?
Ans: Yes, a candidate will be able to see the scaled score on the CAT 2023 scorecard along with sectional and overall percentiles. If a candidate wants to know their raw score, then they can calculate the raw score with the help of the CAT response sheet and answer key that will be released prior to the result declaration.
Q. What are the details that candidates need to be checked on the CAT 2023 scorecard?
Ans: The details that candidates need to be checked on CAT 2023 scorecard are CAT 2023 registration number or user ID, Name, Category, Gender, Exam date and time, Aspirants email address and contact information, CAT section rating (section-wise), CAT scaled rating (overall), CAT section-wise percentile rank, and CAT overall percentile rank.
Q. What is the difference between the CAT percentile and the CAT score?
Ans: IIM clearly states that percentile shows the position obtained by the candidates, whereas CAT scores are the marks secured by the candidates as per the exam marking scheme.
Q. How much CAT score is needed for admission to IIMs?
Ans: CAT 2023 cut-offs for all categories range between 95-100 percentile for admission to the IIMs. The cut-off percentile for General category candidates is around 98-100 percentile for admission to the top IIMs.
Q. When the cut-off marks of CAT 2023 will be released?
Ans: The cut-off marks of CAT 2023 will be released along with the declaration of the CAT result. The participating IIMs will start shortlisting the qualified aspirants on the basis of the cut-off marks, for the counseling process.