The IBSAT Exam Pattern 2023 is released by the exam conducting authority on its official website. The IBSAT 2023 exam is expected to be conducted during the fourth week of December 2023. There is no specific change in the IBSAT exam pattern 2023 and is similar to that of last year. There is no negative marking in the IBSAT exam.
The application portal for the IBSAT 2023 opened on July 1, 2023. The IBSAT exam pattern consists of 4 main sections: Quantitative Aptitude, Data Adequacy and Data Interpretation, Reading Comprehension, and Verbal Ability. With the help of the exam pattern, the candidates will be able to understand the exam structure, marking scheme, how to solve the question paper on time, and section-wise weightage. Candidates can check the exam pattern of the IBSAT 2023 through the official website
IBSAT Exam Pattern 2023 Highlights
Here is a glimpse of the key highlights of the IBSAT Exam Pattern 2023:
|Exam Name||ICFAI Business Studies Aptitude Test (IBSAT) 2023|
|Exam Conducting Body||The ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education|
|Offered Course||MBA/ PGDM/ PhD|
|Total Duration||2 hours|
|Maximum Marks||140 marks|
|Section-Wise Time Limit||No|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to Moderate|
IBSAT Exam Pattern 2023: Section-wise Weightage
The Verbal Ability section of the IBSAT 2023 exam is the highest-scoring section. There is no sectional time limit for the IBSAT exam and candidates can attend any section within the allotted time. Here is the section-wise exam pattern for the IBSAT 2023 exam:
|Name of the Section||Total Number of Questions||Marks per Question||Total Marks Awarded|
|Data Adequacy and Data Interpretation||30||1||30|
IBSAT Exam Pattern 2023: Section-wise Syllabus
The IBSAT Exam Pattern 2023 consists of 4 sections in the exam. It includes Quantitative Aptitude, Data Adequacy and Data Interpretation, Reading Comprehension, and Verbal Ability. The Verbal Ability section is the highest scoring compared to other sections. The IBSAT syllabus and important topics are discussed in detail below.
IBSAT 2023 Syllabus for Verbal Ability
Here are some of the important topics for the Verbal Ability section of the IBSAT 2023 exam:
- Uses Of the Same Word
- One Word Substitutions
- Jumbled Paragraphs
- Fill in the Blanks
- Sentence Formation
- Phrases &Idioms
- Cloze Test
- Match the Columns
- Error Detection
- Antonyms & Synonyms
- Word Relations
- Error Detection
IBSAT 2023 Syllabus for Reading Comprehension
Here are some of the important topics for the Reading Comprehension section of the IBSAT 2023 exam:
- Questions are related to the details present in the given paragraph
IBSAT 2023 Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude
Here are some of the important topics for the Quantitative Aptitude section of the IBSAT 2023 exam:
- Profit and Loss
- Venn Diagram
- Coordinate Geometry
- Arithmetic Progression
- Instalment Payment\
- Number System
- Simplification & Algebra
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Geometry and Mensuration
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Time and Work
- Ratio & Proportion
- 2D and 3D Geometry
- Mixture & Solution / Allegations
IBSAT 2023 Syllabus for Data Adequacy & Data Interpretation
Here are some of the important topics for the Data Adequacy & Data Interpretation section of the IBSAT 2023 exam:
- Data Interpretation Based on Graphs and Tables
- Pie chart
- Bar Graph
- Line Graph
- Percentage Change
- Ratio Between Two Values
- Data Tables
- Data charts
- Data analysis and comparison
- Caselet Data Interpretation
- Cause and Effects
- Visual Reasoning
- Linear Arrangement
IBSAT Exam Pattern 2023: Key Points
Here are some key points regarding the IBSAT Exam Pattern 2023:
- The IBSAT Exam Pattern consists of four sections and the Verbal Ability section has the highest weightage.
- Candidates have to attempt 140 questions with a time duration of 120 minutes during the IBSAT exam.
- The difficulty level of the IBSATexam is easy to moderate and the difficulty level varies from one section to another section. It is, therefore, necessary to have good strategy and time management techniques to ace the exam.
- The key to cracking the Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation section is to build a strong base in the Probability, Geometry, Number System, and Basic Calculations part.
- There is no provision for negative marking in the IBSAT 2023 exam. Candidates will be awarded with 1 mark for each correct answer and no marks will be deducted from the incorrect answers.
- Zero marks will be awarded for the unattempted question in the IBSAT exam
- Candidate must not carry any digital device to the IBSAT exam centre. It is forbidden to use a calculator or any other digital device during the exam.
- The time limit for each section of the IBSAT exam will not be set. Based on the preparation strategy of candidates, they can select the order in which they want to answer the questions.
IBSAT Exam Pattern FAQs
Ques. What is the exam pattern for the IBSAT 2023 exam?
Ans. The IBSAT 2023 exam pattern consists of 4 main sections: Quantitative Aptitude, Data Adequacy and Data Interpretation, Reading Comprehension, and Verbal Ability. There will be a total of 140 questions for a duration of 120 minutes. The maximum mark for the IBSAT exam is 140.
Ques. What is the marking scheme for the IBSAT 2023 exam?
Ans. There is no negative marking for wrong answers in the IBSAT 2023 exam. For each correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded and zero marks will be awarded for unattempted questions.
Ques. What are the topics included in the IBSAT Quantitative Aptitude section?
Ans. The topics included in the Quantitative Aptitude section for the IBSAT exam are Profit and Loss, Number System, Percentage, Simple and Compound Interest, Time and Work, Venn Diagram, Coordinate Geometry, Mensuration, Arithmetic Progression, and Instalment Payment.
Ques. Is there any section-wise time limit for the IBSAT 2023 entrance examination?
Ans. No, there is no sectional time limit for the IBSAT 2023 exam. Based on your preparation strategy, you can select the order in which you want to answer the questions.
Ques. Is there a General Awareness section in the IBSAT 2023 exam?
Ans. No, there is no separate General Awareness section in the IBSAT 2023 exam. But the candidates must read the newspapers and journals for the group discussion and personal interview section.
Ques. In the IBSAT 2023 exam, how many questions will be asked in the Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension section?
Ans. There will be a total of 80 questions in the Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension section of the IBSAT 2023 exam. The Verbal Ability section consists of 50 questions while the Reading Comprehension has only 30 questions.