NMAT 2023 preparation requires candidates to adopt a systematic approach and have a thorough understanding of the exam pattern and syllabus. The NMAT 2023 exam pattern consists of three sections – Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, and Logical Reasoning. It is important to familiarise oneself with the revised exam pattern and syllabus before starting the preparation. . Following the previous year trends, NMAT 2023 will be held tentatively in the 75-day window from October 2023 to December 2023.
- The paper consists of 108 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) that are to be solved in 120 minutes. The exam syllabus includes Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, and Logical Reasoning.
- Candidates should create a study plan that covers all the topics and gives enough time for practice and revision.
- Practicing with mock tests and previous year’s question papers can help candidates get familiar with the exam pattern and types of questions asked in the exam.
NMAT 2023 Preparation Plan: Overview
NMAT preparation should ideally take 4- 6 months. These are the four major stages to an excellent NMAT 2023 score:
- Understand the NMAT exam format.
- Gain a deep conceptual understanding of key NMAT curriculum subjects.
- Practice previous year’s papers, sample papers, and NMAT mock examinations.
- Determine an exam plan based on your skills and revise again.
NMAT 2023 Syllabus
Candidates are advised to thoroughly prepare all the belowsections to perform well in the NMAT 2023 exam.
|Language Skills||Reading Comprehension, English Grammar, Vocabulary, Word Meaning, Para Jumbles, Analogies and Verbal Ability|
|Quantitative Skills||Trigonometry, Arithmetic, Geometry, Algebra, Profit and Loss Mensuration and Modern Maths|
|Logical Reasoning||Logical Reasoning topics like Coding-Decoding, Critical Reasoning, Puzzles, Blood Relations, Statement Conclusions and numbers|
NMAT 2023 Paper Pattern
NMAT 2023 exam pattern is computer-based. The test will last 120 minutes. The test will have a sectional distribution of 108 questions. Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, and Logical Reasoning are the three sections.
|Section||Number of Questions||Time Allotted|
|Language Skills||36||28 minutes|
|Quantitative Skills||36||52 minutes|
|Logical Reasoning||36||40 minutes|
NMAT 2023 Preparation: Do’s and Dont’s
The NMAT (Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Management Aptitude Test) is a national-level entrance exam for admission to various management programs offered by NMIMS University and other B-schools across India. If you’re planning to take the NMAT in 2023, here are some do’s and don’ts to keep in mind for your preparation:
- Familiarize yourself with the exam pattern and syllabus.
- Create a study plan that covers all the topics in the syllabus and includes enough time for revision and practice.
- Solve previous year question papers and take mock tests to get a feel of the exam and identify your strengths and weaknesses.
- Focus on improving your speed and accuracy, as the NMAT is a time-bound exam.
- Practice regularly to improve your problem-solving skills.
- Stay updated with the latest news and current affairs, as they may be asked in the exam.
- Take breaks and maintain a healthy routine to avoid burnout.
- Don’t procrastinate or leave your preparation for the last minute.
- Don’t rely solely on rote learning. Focus on understanding concepts and applying them to solve problems.
- Don’t get distracted by social media, mobile phones, or other distractions while studying.
- Don’t neglect any topic or section in the syllabus, as each section carries equal weightage.
- Don’t compare your preparation or performance with others, as everyone has their strengths and weaknesses.
- Don’t panic if you encounter difficult questions in the exam. Move on to the next question and come back to it later if time permits.
- Don’t forget to read and follow the exam instructions carefully to avoid any mistakes or penalties.
Remember, the key to success in the NMAT is consistent and focused preparation. With the right approach and dedication, you can ace the exam and achieve your dream of studying management at a top B-school.
How to Prepare for NMAT 2023?
Here are some tips on how to prepare for NMAT 2023:
- Understand the Exam Format: First, get familiar with the NMAT exam format. The exam is computer-based and consists of three sections: Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, and Logical Reasoning.
- Make a Study Plan: Create a study plan that works for you. Allocate time for each section based on your strengths and weaknesses. Ensure that you have enough time for revision and practice.
- Study Material: Get the right study material, including textbooks, study guides, and online resources. NMIMS provides official study material, and you can also find various study materials online.
- Practice Mock Tests: Practice mock tests regularly to understand the exam pattern, time management, and to identify your strengths and weaknesses. Analyze your performance in mock tests to improve your weak areas.
- Work on Time Management: Time management is crucial in the NMAT exam. Learn to manage your time and attempt the easy questions first.
- Improve your English: Language Skills is an essential section of the NMAT exam. Work on improving your grammar, vocabulary, and reading comprehension skills.
- Prepare for Logical Reasoning: Logical Reasoning is another important section of the NMAT exam. Practice questions on puzzles, syllogisms, and critical reasoning to improve your logical reasoning skills.
- Focus on Quantitative Skills: Quantitative Skills is a section that tests your mathematical ability. Practice questions on algebra, arithmetic, geometry, and trigonometry to improve your quantitative skills.
- Stay Motivated: Stay motivated and positive throughout your preparation. Keep yourself updated with the latest exam news and keep practicing.
NMAT Preparation Tips for 3 Months
Preparing for NMAT in 3 months is a challenging task, but with the right approach and dedication, you can score well in the exam. Here are some tips to help you prepare for NMAT 2023 in 3 months:
- Start with the basics: Ensure that your basic concepts are clear in all three subjects. Stay updated with current events from around the world.
- Utilize online resources: Apart from recommended books, refer to online NMAT preparation guides to enhance your understanding of the concepts.
- Take mock tests: Attempt at least 20-30 NMAT mock tests to assess your weak points and work on them. Analyze your performance in each test to identify areas for improvement.
- Solve previous year question papers: Solve NMAT previous year question papers to understand the test structure, pattern, and topic-wise weightage. This will help you to get an idea of the types of questions asked in the exam.
- Join an online study group: Join an online study group for NMAT preparation. This will allow you to discuss topics, share knowledge and learn from peers.
With these strategies, you can prepare well for the NMAT 2023 exam in just three months and increase your chances of success.
NMAT 2023 Preparation Books
Here are some popular NMAT preparation books that you can consider for your NMAT 2023 exam:
|Quantitative Aptitude||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Exams||Pearson|
|How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT||Arun Sharma|
|How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for CAT||Arun Sharma|
|Analytical Reasoning||M.K Pandey|
|Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for CAT||Nishit K. Sinha|
|How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT||Arun Sharma|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
Apart from these books, you can also consider practicing from the official NMAT practice papers and sample papers. It is important to choose the right study material and practice regularly to score well in the NMAT exam.
NMAT 2023 Preparation FAQs
Here are some frequently asked questions about NMAT 2023 exam preparation:
Ques. When should I start preparing for NMAT 2023 exam?
Ans: It is recommended to start preparing for the NMAT 2023 exam at least 6-8 months in advance. This will give you enough time to cover the syllabus, practice mock tests and identify your weak areas.
Ques. What is the exam pattern for NMAT 2023 exam?
Ans: The NMAT 2023 exam will consist of three sections – Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, and Logical Reasoning. The total number of questions will be 108, and the duration of the exam will be 120 minutes.
Ques. Is coaching necessary for NMAT 2023 exam preparation?
Ans: Coaching is not necessary for NMAT 2023 exam preparation. However, if you feel the need for guidance and structured preparation, you can opt for coaching classes or online courses.
Ques. How can I improve my time management skills for NMAT 2023 exam?
Ans: To improve your time management skills for the NMAT 2023 exam, you should practice mock tests and time yourself while attempting questions. Learn to prioritize the easy questions and attempt them first, and leave the difficult questions for later.
Ques. How many mock tests should I attempt for NMAT 2023 exam preparation?
Ans: You should attempt at least 10-15 mock tests during your NMAT 2023 exam preparation. Analyze your performance in each mock test to identify your strengths and weaknesses and work on improving them.
Ques. Are previous year question papers useful for NMAT 2023 exam preparation?
Ans: Yes, previous year question papers are very useful for NMAT 2023 exam preparation. They will give you an idea of the exam pattern, the difficulty level of questions, and help you understand the type of questions asked in the exam.
Ques. How important is revision during NMAT 2023 exam preparation?
Ans: Revision is very important during NMAT 2023 exam preparation. It will help you retain the information you have learned and identify any gaps in your knowledge. Set aside time for revision during your study plan.