The NMAT or NMIMS Management Aptitude Test is a national-level entrance examination conducted by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) for admission to various MBA, PGDM, and other management programs at NMIMS University and other B-schools across India.
The NMAT exam is conducted annually, and the syllabus for NMAT 2023 is designed to assess the candidate’s aptitude and skills in language comprehension, quantitative aptitude, and logical reasoning. In this article, we will discuss the detailed NMAT syllabus for 2023 and the important topics that candidates must prepare to crack the exam.
NMAT Syllabus 2023: Section-Wise Topics
The NMAT exam is divided into three sections: Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, and Logical Reasoning. Here is a detailed section-wise breakdown of the NMAT syllabus 2023:
NMAT Language Skills Syllabus 2023
The Language Skills section of NMAT 2023 assesses the candidate’s proficiency in the English language. The section comprises 36 questions, and the time allotted is 28 minutes. Here is a detailed breakdown of the Language Skills section syllabus:
|NMAT Language Skills Syllabus|
|Reading Comprehension||English Grammar & Vocabulary|
|English Usage||Fill in the Blanks|
|Synonyms & Antonyms||Idioms, Phrases, Clauses|
|Sentence Error/Correction||Word Meaning|
|Para jumbles||Statement correction|
NMAT Quantitative Skills Syllabus 2023
The Quantitative Skills section of NMAT 2023 assesses the candidate’s mathematical aptitude. The section comprises 36 questions, and the time allotted is 52 minutes. Here is a detailed breakdown of the Quantitative Skills section syllabus:
|Quantitative Skills Syllabus|
|Algebra (Linear/Quadratic Equation)||Number Systems|
|Line graphs, Bar graphs, Pie Charts, Tables||Profit and Loss|
|2D and 3D Geometry, and Statistics||Time, Speed, and Distance|
|Mixture & Solution||Simple/Compound interest|
|Mensuration||Permutations and Combinations|
NMAT Logical Reasoning Syllabus 2023
The Logical Reasoning section of NMAT 2023 assesses the candidate’s logical and analytical skills. The section comprises 36 questions, and the time allotted is 40 minutes. Here is a detailed breakdown of the Logical Reasoning section syllabus:
|Logical Reasoning Syllabus|
|Coding & Decoding||Numeric Grid|
|Strong Arguments and Weak Arguments||Calendars|
|Arrangement||Course of Action|
|Family tree||Blood Relations|
Best Books for NMAT 2023
There are several books available in the market that can help candidates prepare for the NMAT 2023. Here are some of the best books for NMAT 2023:
|NMAT by GMAC Official Guide||GMAC|
|Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT||Arun Sharma|
|Quantitative Aptitude||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Data Interpretation for the CAT||Arun Sharma|
|Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT||Nishit K. Sinha|
|Logical Reasoning for the CAT||Arun Sharma|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT||Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||Ajay Singh|
NMAT Exam Pattern 2023
The NMAT 2023 exam pattern comprises three sections: Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, and Logical Reasoning. The duration of the exam is 2 hours, and there are a total of 120 questions. Here’s a detailed breakdown of the NMAT 2023 exam pattern:
|Test duration||2 hours|
|Total Questions||108 questions|
|Total marks||360 marks|
|Type of questions||Objective-type questions with four choices each|
|Marking scheme||Three marks per question|
NMAT 2023 Preparation Tips
Preparing for the NMAT 2023 exam can be a challenging task, but with the right strategy and approach, candidates can ace the exam. Here are some tips for NMAT 2023 preparation:
- Understand the exam pattern and syllabus: Candidates should start by understanding the exam pattern and syllabus thoroughly. This will help them plan their preparation strategy accordingly and focus on the topics that need more attention.
- Make a study plan: A well-planned study schedule can help candidates stay organized and motivated throughout the preparation period. They should create a realistic plan that includes a balance of studying, practicing, and taking breaks.
- Practice regularly: Regular practice is crucial for success in the NMAT exam. Candidates should practice a wide range of questions from different sources to improve their skills and build their confidence.
- Take mock tests: Taking mock tests can help candidates assess their preparation level and identify their strengths and weaknesses. They should take mock tests regularly and analyze their performance to improve their scores.
- Improve time management skills: Time management is essential for success in the NMAT exam. Candidates should practice solving questions within the stipulated time and work on improving their speed and accuracy.
- Refer to good study material: Candidates should refer to good quality studies material, such as books, online resources, and coaching classes, to supplement their preparation.
- Stay updated with current affairs: Candidates should stay updated with current affairs, especially in the areas of business, economics, and politics, as questions related to these topics may be asked in the exam.
- Stay focused and positive: Finally, candidates should stay focused and positive throughout their preparation journey. They should avoid distractions, take care of their health and well-being, and maintain a positive attitude toward their goals.
In summary, NMAT 2023 preparation requires a combination of hard work, dedication, and a strategic approach. By following these tips and staying committed to their goals, candidates can improve their chances of success in the exam.
Ques. What is NMAT?
Ans. NMAT stands for Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) Management Aptitude Test. It is a national-level entrance exam conducted by GMAC for admission to various management programs offered by NMIMS and other B-schools in India.
Ques. When will NMAT 2023 be held?
Ans. The NMAT 2023 exam dates have not been announced yet. However, the exam is usually held between October to December each year.
Ques. What are the eligibility criteria for NMAT 2023?
Ans. The eligibility criteria for NMAT 2023ares as follows:
- Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a minimum aggregate of 50%. Final-year students can also apply, but they must submit proof of their graduation completion before the specified deadline.
- How many times can a candidate appear for NMAT in a year?
- Candidates can appear for the NMAT exam a maximum of three times in a year, with a gap of at least 15 days between two attempts.
Ques. Is there any negative marking in the NMAT exam?
Ans. No, there is no negative marking scheme in the NMAT exam by GMAC. Candidates are awarded one mark for each correct answer, and there is no penalty for incorrect answers.
Ques. What is the duration of the NMAT exam?
Ans. The duration of the NMAT exam is 2 hours (120 minutes).
Ques. Can candidates choose the order of sections in the NMAT exam?
Ans. Yes, candidates can choose the order of sections in the NMAT exam. They can attempt the sections in any order they prefer.
Ques. What is the scoring pattern of the NMAT exam?
Ans. The NMAT exam is scored out of a total of 360 marks, with each section carrying 120 marks. Candidates are awarded one mark for each correct answer, and there is no negative marking.