XAT exam is conducted in online mode, and it consists of two papers. Paper 1 is a multiple-choice test, and it includes questions on Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, and Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation. Paper 2 is a mix of objective and subjective questions, and it includes questions on General Knowledge and Essay Writing.
The total duration of the exam is 3 hours 30 minutes, and it is divided into two parts. The first part is of 2 hours 55 minutes duration, and the second part consists of Paper 2, which is of 30 minutes duration. There is also a mock keyboard test of 5 mins. The exam is conducted in a single session and the difficulty level of the questions is kept moderate to high.
The exam pattern and syllabus of XAT are designed to test the candidates’ analytical, logical, and problem-solving skills, and it aims to evaluate their ability to perform well in the demanding and dynamic corporate world.
The exam syllabus typically includes sections on Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability, and General Knowledge. However, the exam pattern may be subject to change, and the exact details of the exam for 2024 will be available in the official notification. It is advisable for candidates to keep a track of the official website of XAT and other relevant sources for updates and information about the XAT exam in 2024. In this article, we will discuss the XAT 2024 exam syllabus, pattern, important topics, preparation tips, and study guide.
XAT Exam Syllabus 2024
The XAT 2024 syllabus includes four sections: Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, and General Knowledge. Here is a detailed section-wise syllabus:
Section 1: Verbal and Logical Ability
• Reading Comprehension
• English Grammar and Usage
• Critical Reasoning
• Para Jumble
• Para Completion
Section 2: Decision Making
• Analytical Reasoning
• Situational Judgment
• Mathematical Reasoning
• Ethical Dilemma
• Decision Making
• Logical Reasoning
Section 3: Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
• Time and Distance
• Permutation and Combination
• Data Interpretation
• Data Sufficiency
Section 4: General Knowledge
• Current Affairs
• Business and Economy
• Awards and Honors
• Society and Culture
• Science and Technology
XAT Exam Section-wise Syllabus Analysis
The XAT exam is a highly competitive entrance exam for admission into top B-Schools across India. The XAT syllabus is designed to assess a candidate’s aptitude and skills in various areas, including Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability, and Data Interpretation. Here’s a detailed discussion of each section:
- Verbal and Logical Ability: This section of the XAT exam includes questions on grammar, vocabulary, reading comprehension, critical reasoning, and verbal ability. Candidates need to have a good understanding of English grammar and vocabulary, as well as the ability to comprehend and analyze written passages. The questions in this section are designed to test a candidate’s language skills and ability to analyze and interpret written material.
- Decision Making: The Decision Making section of the XAT exam tests a candidate’s ability to make quick and accurate decisions in various scenarios. This section includes questions on ethical dilemmas, managerial situations, and interpersonal conflicts. The questions in this section are designed to test a candidate’s decision-making skills and ability to think critically and logically.
- Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation: The Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation section of the XAT exam includes questions on topics such as arithmetic, algebra, geometry, statistics, and data analysis. Candidates need to have a good understanding of mathematical concepts and the ability to interpret and analyze data. The questions in this section are designed to test a candidate’s mathematical skills and ability to solve complex problems.
- General Awareness: This section of the XAT exam includes questions on current affairs, business, economics, politics, and sports. Candidates need to stay updated with the latest news and events to score well in this section. The questions in this section are designed to test a candidate’s awareness and knowledge of current events and general knowledge.
In addition to the above sections, the XAT exam also includes an essay writing section. Candidates are required to write an essay on a given topic within a specific time limit. The essay writing section is designed to test a candidate’s writing skills and ability to express their thoughts and ideas clearly.
Overall, the XAT syllabus is comprehensive and requires candidates to have a good understanding of various topics across different domains. Candidates need to prepare thoroughly and practice regularly to score well in the XAT exam.
XAT Exam 2024 Pattern
The XAT 2024 exam pattern consists of four sections: Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, and General Knowledge.
The total duration of the XAT exam is 210 minutes including 30 minutes allotted for General Knowledge and Essay Writing.
- The exam is conducted in a computer-based format, and there is no negative marking for unattempted questions until 8 unattempted questions.
- Thereafter, 0.10 marks are deducted for unattempted questions.
- However, negative marking of 0.25 marks is applied for every wrong answer.
The XAT 2024 exam is a highly competitive exam and is considered to be one of the most difficult MBA entrance exams in India. Therefore, candidates must prepare thoroughly and practice regularly to score well in the exam.
How to Complete XAT 2024 Syllabus?
Completing XAT 2024 exam syllabus on time requires a structured and disciplined approach. Here are some tips to help you complete XAT 2024 syllabus:
- Understand the Exam Pattern: The XAT 2024 exam consists of four sections – Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, and General Knowledge. Understand the weightage and marking scheme of each section.
- Make a Study Plan: Create a study plan that suits your learning style and time constraints. Allocate time to each section and topic, and ensure that you cover the entire syllabus before the exam.
- Practice Mock Tests: Take regular mock tests to evaluate your preparation level and identify your strengths and weaknesses. Analyze your performance in each mock test to improve your weaker areas.
- Improve your Reading Speed: The Verbal and Logical Ability section of XAT 2024 requires good reading comprehension skills. Improve your reading speed by practicing reading newspapers, magazines, and online articles.
- Solve Previous Year Question Papers: Solving previous year question papers will help you understand the exam pattern, type of questions asked, and the level of difficulty. It will also give you an idea of the time management required during the exam.
- Focus on Time Management: The XAT 2024 exam has a strict time limit, and time management is crucial to attempt all the questions.
- Stay Updated with Current Affairs: The General Knowledge section of XAT 2024 focuses on current affairs and static general knowledge. Stay updated with current events by reading newspapers, magazines, and online news portals.
- Seek Guidance: Seek guidance from mentors, coaching centers, and online forums to clarify your doubts and gain insights into exam strategies.
By following these tips, you can prepare for the XAT 2024 syllabus in a structured and disciplined manner and increase your chances of success in the exam.
XAT 2024 Syllabus: Preparation Plan
Here are some tips that can help you in your XAT 2024 preparation.
- Know the exam pattern: The first and foremost step in preparing for XAT 2024 is to understand the exam pattern thoroughly. The XAT exam comprises four sections: Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability, and General Knowledge. Knowing the pattern will help you plan your preparation in a structured way.
- Plan your preparation: Planning your preparation is crucial to crack the XAT exam. Plan your daily, weekly, and monthly schedule to cover all the topics in each section. Allocate sufficient time for each topic and ensure that you stick to your schedule.
- Strengthen your basics: Before moving on to advanced topics, make sure you have a strong foundation in the basics. Brush up on your fundamental concepts of maths, grammar, vocabulary, and logical reasoning.
- Practice from previous year question papers: Practice previous year’s question papers to get an idea of the type of questions asked in the exam. It will help you understand the difficulty level of the exam and improve your time management skills.
- Take mock tests: Taking mock tests is essential to prepare for the XAT exam. It will help you identify your strengths and weaknesses and improve your time management skills.
- Read newspapers and magazines: Reading newspapers and magazines regularly can help you improve your General Knowledge and vocabulary. It will also help you stay updated with current affairs and trends.
- Stay focused and motivated: Preparing for XAT is a long and challenging process, and it is easy to lose focus and motivation. Stay motivated and focused on your goal.
- Seek guidance: If you are facing difficulties in any section, seek guidance from experts or join a coaching institute. Interact with other aspirants to exchange ideas and learn from each other.
- Take care of your health: A healthy mind and body are essential to prepare for any exam. Ensure that you get enough sleep, exercise regularly, and eat healthy food.
XAT Exam Syllabus: Study Materials
- XAT Previous Year Question Papers: Solving previous year papers is one of the best ways to prepare for the exam. It helps in understanding the exam pattern, types of questions asked, and time management skills. Candidates can access XAT previous year papers online or purchase a book that contains all the papers.
- XAT Mock Tests: Mock tests are an excellent way to simulate the exam environment and evaluate the level of preparation. Many online platforms offer free and paid mock tests for the XAT exam. Candidates should attempt at least 10-15 mock tests to get a good understanding of the exam.
- XAT Books: There are many books and study material available for the XAT exam preparation. Candidates can choose the best one according to their requirement and level of understanding. Some of the popular books are “XAT 2022 Simplified” by Disha Publication, “Target XAT” by Disha Experts, and “Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT and XAT” by Nishit K. Sinha.
- XAT Syllabus PDFs: Understanding the XAT syllabus is essential for effective preparation. The exam syllabus is available on the official website of XAT. Candidates should make a study plan based on the syllabus and allocate time accordingly.
- XAT Coachings: If candidates require additional guidance and support, they can opt for XAT coaching classes. Many reputed coaching institutes offer XAT coaching programs. Candidates should research and choose the best institute based on the reviews and reputation.
- XAT Essay Writing Practice: The essay writing section is an integral part of the XAT exam. Candidates should read and practice essay writing on various topics to improve their writing skills. They should also learn to manage time effectively during the exam.
XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test) is a national level management entrance exam conducted by XLRI, Jamshedpur. XAT is one of the toughest management entrance exams in India and requires rigorous preparation to crack it. The XAT 2024 exam is expected to be held in January 2024, and it’s never too early to start your preparation for completing XAT Syllabus 2024.