CMAT exam is a computer-based test that consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs). The exam has five sections:
- Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning
- Language Comprehension
- General Awareness
- Innovative and Entrepreneurship.
The total number of questions in the exam is 100, with each section having 20 questions.
- The total duration of the exam is three hours.
- Each correct answer carries four marks.
- There is negative marking for wrong answers, with one mark deducted for each incorrect answer.
- In CMAT, there won’t be a sectional time limit.
- The CMAT exam is often Easy to moderately difficult. The GK segment is more difficult than the other sections.
|CMAT 2023||CMAT Result||CMAT Score|
CMAT 2023 Latest Update
- CMAT 2023 syllabus has been revised to include Section 5 on Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- The total number of questions has shrunk to 100 from the previous 125.
- Each section has 20 MCQ type questions, each correct answer will carry 4 Marks.
- The syllabus for each of the five sections of the CMAT exam is the same as other MBA entrance exams. Neither AICTE nor the National Testing Agency (NTA), which conducts the CMAT 2023 exam, has strictly pre-defined the syllabus for the CMAT
- Although the National Testing Agency (NTA) has not officially released the CMAT Syllabus 2023 document, the PDF version of CMAT Syllabus 2023 compiled by India’s top CMAT experts and past CMAT experts will be available online.
CMAT 2023 Exam Pattern
CMAT has 5 sections:
- Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation,
- Logical Reasoning,
- Language Comprehension,
- General Awareness
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
|Number of Sections||Five|
|Total Number of Marks||400|
|Total Number of Questions||100|
|Subject Wise Weightage||20 * 5|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Type of Question||MCQ|
|Medium of Language||English|
CMAT 2023 Marking Scheme
|For Every Correct Answer||+4 Marks|
|For Every Incorrect Answer||-1 Marks|
|For Unattempted Question||No Marks Deduction|
CMAT 2023 Subject Wise Weightage
|Subject||Total Number of Questions||Total Number of Marks|
|Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation.||20||80|
|Innovation and Entrepreneurship.||20||80|
CMAT 2023 Syllabus
Below are some of the most important topics from the five sections of the CMAT syllabus.
|Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation.||Arithmetic-Ratio, mixtures, work, average, percentage, Time & speed, Profit and loss, interest, basic statistics Number properties Probability Counting principles Geometry Algebra Derivatives ( Maxima-Minima)|
|Logical Reasoning||Statement-conclusion Logical puzzle, Numerical puzzle Venn Diagram True/false statements Visual Reasoning|
|Language Comprehension,||Usage of Articles Non-finites Dangling Modifiers Usage on Nouns & Pronouns, Adjectives, Adverbs, Prepositions –regular and followed, Verbs, Syntax, Subject-verb Agreement, Simple, continuous, Perfect tenses and Conditional-unreal past. Jumbled paragraphs.|
|General Awareness||Conventional GK-available in booksCurrent GK- based on current reading of newspapers and periodicals; Business & Economics GK -for example changes in Fiscal and monetary policy, CRR, Repo Rate,Devaluation and up valuation of Rupee. Business, National and International eventsWho’s whoConstitutional of India,Currency and Capitals of the countriesStates of IndiaInternational OrganizationsMonetary and fiscal toolsEmblemIdentification of personalities, companies among others.|
|Innovation and Entrepreneurship.||Government publications, policies and practices on innovation and entrepreneurship, such as that published by the Economic Survey of India; Publishing of magazines; Procedure for sale of assets of a bankrupt company Starting new business ventures with new ideas like – Who founded the first payment bank in India; Who launched Paytm, RuPay, UPI based app Tez etc. Terminologies such as runway, auctioneer, liquidator, mixed economy, resilience, neuroticism, environmental scanning, innovation management, startups, overtrading, different owners, partnership, private companies and corporations; Marketable Product, Patent, Trademark, Profit Score Latest Who’s Who, Places, Books in the News: For example – Which city in India is among the five fastest growing startup cities in the world; JRD Tata Biography Title; Which country is first in terms of ease of doing business in the last 5 years Process and Steps of Starting a Business: You should know the basics of the process such as business viability; preparation of a business plan; Key areas that help to understand the profitability of the company.|
CMAT 2023 Best Books for Preparation
The book includes detailed explanations, solved examples, and practice questions with solutions for each section of the exam. Additionally, it provides mock tests and previous years’ question papers for practice, which can help you get familiar with the exam pattern and difficulty level.
- CMAT Entrance Guide by Disha Experts
- The Complete Reference Manual for CMAT by S. K. Sinha
- CMAT: Common Management Admission Test by GKP
- The Pearson Guide to CMAT by Pearson India
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT/ XAT/ IIFT/ CMAT/ MAT/ NMAT/ SNAP by Nishit K Sinha
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R. S. Aggarwal
- Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT by Nishit K Sinha
- The Mega Yearbook 2022: Current Affairs & General Knowledge for Competitive Exams by Disha Experts
Changes in CMAT 2022 vs 2021
CMAT 2023 Exam Pattern FAQs
Ques. Is there any sectional cutoff in the CMAT exam?
Ans. No, there is no sectional cutoff in the CMAT exam. However, candidates need to score an overall cutoff to qualify for admission.
Ques. What is the duration of the CMAT exam?
Ans. The duration of the CMAT exam is three hours.
Ques. What is the marking scheme of the CMAT exam?
Ans. The marking scheme of the CMAT exam is +4 for each correct answer and -1 for each incorrect answer. There is no negative marking for unanswered questions.
Ques. Can I switch between sections during the CMAT exam?
Ans. Yes, you can switch between sections during the CMAT exam. However, you cannot go back to a section once you have moved on to the next one.
Ques. Can I take the CMAT exam multiple times?
Ans. Yes, you can take the CMAT exam multiple times. However, the best score among all attempts will be considered for admission.