CMAT examination is a computer-based online examination. The main components of its preparation strategy are conceptual clarity development and good practice. The NTA has published the previous year’s CMAT question papers to provide a thorough understanding of the overall layout of the CMAT question paper. Earlier patterns of the CMAT exam indicate that its preparation can also be coordinated with other MBA entry-level exams.
|CMAT 2023||CMAT Result||CMAT Score|
Introduction to the CMAT examination
Common Management Admission Test is referred to as CMAT. Every year, the National Testing Agency conducts this national-level entrance test to help institutions choose qualified graduate applicants for enrollment in all Management programs provided by AICTE-approved institutions.
How to Get Ready for the CMAT examination?
The answer to this query is straightforward because an updated format can maintain the preparation schedule. The exam pattern is divided into five sections, and since each component is equally weighted, the preparation approach must give each area equal importance. As a result, you should concentrate on the following main elements as you study for the CMAT exam:
- Evaluate the exam format and its composition
- Study the entire syllabus
- Select the preparation approach and develop a clear plan for your preparation
- Time devoted to exam preparation is crucial
- Collect all the required material and books to prepare for the examination
- Study the essential tips to prepare the exam syllabus in a short period
- After completion of the syllabus, try to attempt the Mock tests
- Also, prepare the study plan to score 95 percentile and above
CMAT Exam Pattern
- Key points:
- Total questions: 100
- Time given: 180 minutes
- Total sections: 5
- Total questions in each section: 20
- Type of questions: MCQ
- Weightage of numbers: Equal for all sections
- Marks per correct answer: 4
- Negative marking: -1
- Difficulty level: Moderate
- Syllabus and Test Composition
The syllabus for this exam results from the subjects previously covered in the exam, even though the variety of questions, their format, style, and number may vary in each subsequent exam. The most important aspect of this exam is that no question will be repeated in any CMAT exam, regardless of the degree of difficulty of the questions won’t change.
The table drawn below gives an overview of the syllabus and the test composition:
|Sections||No. of questions||Level of difficulty||Topics Included||Total Marks|
|Language Comprehension||20||Moderate||Rearranging sentences, Vocabulary, with questions on antonyms and synonyms, Grammar and Sentence Correction, Reading Comprehension||80|
|Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation||20||DI more difficulty; Quant moderate||Numbers, Percentage, Profit and Loss, Mixtures, Average, Ratios, Interest, Equations, Time and Work, Time, Speed and Distance Geometry, and Standard DI tools||80|
|Logical Reasoning||20||Moderate to Difficult||All types of reasoning questions||80|
|General Awareness||20||Easy to Moderate||Current Events and Happenings, including international affairs, History, Geography, Polity, Science, Sports, Art and Culture, Books and Author, Awards||80|
|Innovation and Entrepreneurship||20||Moderate||Comprehensive test on your knowledge regarding Innovation business practices, Government plans and policies, global entrepreneurs and personalities among others||80|
Choosing Your Mode for CMAT Preparation
Choosing Your Mode for CMAT Preparation
Now that you are aware of the CMAT exam pattern, significant revisions, and syllabus, it is time to set up your preparation and create a study schedule taking into consideration the following factors:
- Choosing between CMAT Coaching and Self-Preparation: The essential advice for beginners is to resolve the conflict between attending the classes or doing your preparation at home after considering the following points:
- Discovering the top CMAT coaching if you want to use it for your preparation.
- Professionals in the workplace find it challenging to attend classes offline. So, interested candidates can benefit from online CMAT coaching.
- Plan Your Own CMAT Preparation: If you want to do self-study for this exam, you must first grasp how to study for the exam at home using the best books and other relevant material. Consequently, the preparation with the top textbooks recommended by toppers, such as CMAT preparation books by Arun Sharma and CMAT exam book by Nishit Sinha, easily accessible beneficial preparation material, Study material online, freely available online facility, and CMAT Mock test that can enhance your preparation.
How can I begin studying for the CMAT at home?
CMAT winners enrolled in elite AICTE-approved colleges that accept CMAT scores suggest beginning self-study at home despite relying on coaching. Here are some study suggestions to get you started at home:
- Check the updated CMAT test schedule.
- Study the exam curriculum carefully.
- In each of the four parts, identify your strengths and weaknesses.
- Collect the best material and training tools for exam preparation.
- Improve your troublesome regions and keep track of your progress.
- When you prepare for the exam, appear for the Mock tests and analyze them carefully. This will help you to improve your weak areas.
- Reading various publications and blogs, speaking English with everyone, and even viewing English TV shows will be beneficial if your VARC needs to be improved.
Time spent preparing for the CMAT exam: A Key Consideration
Every day that passes, as the preparation period gets shorter and shorter, it is essential to review your preparation plan and coordinate it with the remaining time available. The preparation tips given by experts and toppers that advise, “How to prepare for the CMAT exam in 3 months?” etc., are more critical than ever.
Now the question arises, “What time should we spend studying for the CMAT to achieve a high percentage score?” Since there is no hard-and-fast rule, the toppers advise the aspirants to stay persistent and regular in their preparation and remember that this test is merely around the corner.